EMC to break a “Guiness World Record”
I got an email from EMC at my personal account for them broadcasting a live or on demand event. Of them breaking a record? I just now caught it and it looks pretty exciting. Cannot wait to see what the record is..
check it out here.
Things that excited me was the offerings to SMB and the value sounds pretty promising. I will be looking forward to the future of EMC.
Things to note:
EMC previous records were talked about from far back as 1994:
– 1997 – Introduced Multi – Terabyte storage
– 2002 – CAS system was introduced – tight security + data protection.
– 2005 – First Petabyte storage introduced – (1,000 Terabytes, 1,000,000 Gigabytes, or 1,000,000,000 Megabyets)
– 2009 – FAST storage introduced – Tiered Storage – Changing the management of storage.
– 1997-2010 Number 1 Storage Market Share for Over Thriteen years.
– + 3-5% IT spending Growth – No surprise really.
– IT spending is really high on IT Cost.
– Storage Data will be going to over the “Zetabytes”
– Storage Vendors currently have over a Zetabyte of data.
– Though most things were down to recession information was up over 60%.
– Talked about VNX-e and how it works with Unisphere
– VNX-e Is lower then most competitors in SMB Market- those include Dell, NetAPP, IBM, and etc.
– They will be offering several different families of the VNX series storage – All featuring the next generation of stroage architecture:
Intel Westmere Procs
6 Gbp SAS Back-end
Expanded Ultrafelx I/O – Several different protocols.
File, Block, and Object
Flash Suite Drives Flash Adoption
VNX is 3 times more efficient – and continues to boast the best efficiency on the market
Record breaking performance on Oracle, SQL, and VMware.
– Shipped out the most Flash Storage – > 10 Petabytes
Oh yeah don’t forget the world record of 26 people fitting inside a Mini Cooper.
Feel free to comment.
***Disclaimer: The thoughts and views expressed on VirtualNoob.wordpress.org and Chad King in no way reflect the views or thoughts of his employer or any other views of a company. These are his personal opinions which are formed on his own. Also, products improve over time and some things maybe out of date. Please feel free to contact us and request an update and we will be happy to assist. Thanks!~